INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
-8 fresh Tropea onions
-1 tbsp maple syrup
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the onions in half vertically. Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- In a bowl, place 2 crushed garlic cloves, rosemary, salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil. Add the potatoes to the bowl so as to season them.
- Make diamond shaped incisions on the potato skins. Season with salt and pepper. Brush the cockerel skin with maple syrup. Insert some rosemary into the cockerels to flavor.
- Drizzle some oil on the bottom of the casserole and then alternate layers of onions, seasoned potatoes and cockerel.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 180° degrees for 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the garlic and rosemary and serve.